Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The don't call us Team 2 Times for nothing, we have screwed up plenty of times, which of course is why we are so good now.

One great example comes to mind back when Marcus and I had spent all day walking on floor joists of a second story while installing new plumbing. We were so careful as to not misstep and crash through the ceiling, which wasn't just drywall, since this was over the front porch.

Anyway, towards the end of the day, I slipped and luckily (sort of) one foot went on each side of the joist, keeping me from falling to the porch below (ouch). Along with my feet, the busted up plaster and my bruised ego, all of the ABS (plastic drain pipe) also came crashing down onto the porch. Outside, there were about a half dozen guys installing a fence around the property, all of whom cheered....I don't think they even waited to see if I was ok first!

In the end we ripped off the remaining plaster from the ceiling of the porch and replaced it with fresh stucco. The funny thing was, it was so much easier to do the plumbing without that plaster in the way.

Never be afraid to mess up, it happens. Just get right back up (or down in my case) and do it again.

Have any similar stories? Email me.

Russ

0 comments:

Post a Comment